- Download the episode
- Read a transcript of the episode
- Podcast RSS feed to subscribe with your favourite podcatcher
Cisco was proud of an article he wrote about Autchat, and talked about recent chainmaille orders he has carried out. Laurine spoke about local advocacy she has been doing, and the positive experiences she has had with people who work for her council. Finally, Nat talked about Neurotribes and its impact – stay tuned for our next release, which will be an interview of Steve Silberman, the author.
- Sesame Street and Autism – See Amazing
- The Washington Post: Autism cases in U.S. jump to 1 in 45: Who gets the diagnosis, in 8 simple charts
- ASAN Statement on Autism Speaks Board Appointments
- Cognitive Dissonance In A Different Key, by Erin Human
- Cisco’s article about Autchat
- Cisco’s Etsy store
- Website under construction about autism advocacy in Wiltshire
- Nat’s article about podcasting from autistic space
- Steve Silberman: NeuroTribes: The Legacy of Autism and How To Think Smarter About People Who Think Differently
Discussion – Sensory Issues
Our main discussion was about sensory issues.
We discuss our own sensory issues, and define what we mean when we talk about sensory issues, as they are wider than the initial five senses you may think about. We then talk about oversensitivities and undersensitivities in more detail, before talking about sensory overload and our strategies to avoid it.
- #autchat August 25th 2015: Sensory Sensitivities
- #autchat November 1st 2015: Sensory Sensitivities (revisited)
- #autchat February 23rd: Sensory over- and under-sensitivities
- Musings of an Aspie: Sensory Processing master post
- Musings of an Aspie: Sensory Diet
- An example month of the daily art Nat mentioned
- Mandala for stimming
- Weight-2-Go Blankets (where Nat got their weighted blanket)
- Stimtastic (where Laurine got her thinking putty)
Get in touch
Please rate or review us on iTunes! You can get in touch by leaving a comment on this post, emailing us at flappyhourcast at gmail dot com or sending a message on one of our social media accounts listed below.